ND YAG is a Q-switched laser with 532 nm and 1064 nm wavelengths. The treatment process is more comfortable, and the improvement effect is obvious. Scope of application:
- Vascular lesions
- Various pigmented spots, brown-cyan moles
- Facial relaxation, wrinkles
- Small parts such as hairline, eyebrows, lip hair, and other parts of the hair removal
During use, surrounding skin and tissues are not harmed, reducing discomfort, side effects, and downtime.
What do I need to prepare before ND YAG treatment?
There is no need to prepare, make an appointment at a beauty salon or hospital in advance, and keep a good attitude.
ND Yag Healing Process:
- Adjust the mode and energy, and select the corresponding mode and energy according to the problem that the patient needs to improve;
- Turn on the switch and adjust the spot size;
- Aim at the area that needs to be improved, emit energy, and the generated energy will destroy the diseased area, effectively improve pigmentation, wrinkles, remove tattoos, etc.;
- The laser energy emitted by ND Yag can be accurately absorbed by the pigment in the skin and will not harm other surrounding skin tissues, and the safety is greatly improved;
- It usually takes 2-5 times to improve certain skin problems completely.
- To secure the individual’s eyes, nontransparent eye masks or safety glasses are used to protect the individual’s eyes throughout the treatment, unless the procedure is meant to treat an eye problem.
What is Nd Yag used to heal?
Freckles, moles, tattoos; improvement of skin problems such as vascular lesions; improvement of aging, relaxation, deep/superficial wrinkles; and hair removal such as hairline, eyebrows, lip hair, etc.
When used for hair elimination, the laser pulses harm the hair follicles, triggering the hairs to befall and preventing them from expanding back. Therefore, longer-pulsed Nd: YAG laser systems such as 1064 nm are considered safer and more efficient than milliseconds or Q-switched systems. Commonly, 2 to 20-millisecond pulses are used with output energies of 10 to 40 J/cm2. Given that this procedure calls for air conditioning of the skin’s surface area, most hair removal laser systems have built-in air conditioning. Light-skinned people generally require 2 to 6 treatments spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart, while dark-skinned individuals may call for even more sessions to accomplish the preferred outcomes.
For tattoo elimination, laser pulses function by precisely damaging ink particles, which are, after that, occupied by macrophages prior to eliminating them from the body. For this, regular treatment setups are 10 ns pulse duration with a result power of 300-500 Mj. Depending on the color and the deepness of the tattoo, individuals may require between 5 and 20 sessions, spaced a minimum of 7 weeks apart.
Is the Nd Yag healing process painful?
Nd Yag destroys subcutaneous blemishes through the skin’s absorption of blasting energy, causing a slight tingling sensation during the treatment.
After 1 to 2 minutes of healing, this slight tingling sensation will completely adapt and can be ignored.
What are the benefits of using Nd Yag?
- The therapeutic effect of Nd Yag for skin problems is long-term and even permanent.
- To improve skin pigmentation problems, under the premise of paying attention to sun protection, the improvement of sunburn, freckles, age spots, moles, and other problems is permanent.
- The improvement of facial aging, relaxation, and wrinkles can last up to 1-2 years;
- The removal of tattoos, etc., the result is also permanent;
- Improvement in vascular lesions is also permanent.
What are the side effects of using Nd Yag?
- The treatment effect of Nd Yag on skin problems is long-term or even permanent. Since it only targets the problem skin area, the emitted laser energy is absorbed by the pigment in the skin and will not cause damage to the surrounding skin tissue, so the safety is very high. However, some very small probabilities cannot be ruled out:
- The skin may be red and slightly swollen after treatment;
- In the case of darker skin or too much energy, the pigment in the skin absorbs too much light energy, which can cause a tingling sensation;
- People with photosensitivity may develop a rash;
- Leukoderma: When dealing with tanned or dark-skinned clients, leukoplakia might appear on the skin as laser energy damages melanin.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Hyperpigmentation, or dark spots on the skin
- Hypopigmentation, or light patches of skin
- Microbial infections can be prevented with post-treatment antibiotics
- Laser damages to the macula when used to deal with eye diseases
- Generally, Nd: YAG laser therapy is safer in lighter-skinned individuals yet needs to be used with caution in darker-skinned clients.
Who is suitable for using Nd Yag?
- People who need to improve pigmented skin problems such as pigmentation, freckles, sunburn, and chloasma;
- Need to remove brown age spots, freckles, moles of Ota, etc.
- Need to remove tattoos, effectively remove blue, gray, and black tattoos.
- Improve the aging population;
- Those who need to remove unwanted hair, including underarms, bikini lines, face, neck, back, chest, and legs.
How long is the recovery time after treatment?
After using ND YAG, there will be some slight redness, itching, swelling, and mild crusting, but it will not affect your daily life, so there is no recovery period.
People with diabetes and heart disease;
people who are pregnant;
What should I pay attention to after using Nd Yag?
sun protection, which may cause anti-blackening;
Avoid spicy, irritating foods;
Alcohol is prohibited;
How does Nd YAG work?
- Under the premise of paying attention to sun protection: Nd yag’s improvement of skin pigmentation problems is permanent;
- The removal of dye problems such as tattoos is also permanent;
- For aging, such as relaxation, the improvement of deep/superficial wrinkles can be maintained for 1-2 years;
Can ND YAG laser be used on the face?
Of course, the ND YAG laser can effectively reduce facial wrinkles and sagging and improve facial skin.
Which ND YAG laser is the best for dark skin laser hair removal?
ND YAG Laser can act on skin of various skin tones; it is recommended to consider buying, under LIfeis, high power, etc.
How many treatments do I need if I have much hair?
Laser hair removal usually requires 2 to 6 treatments because each healed part is different, so the number of treatments required differs. It would help if you communicated with a therapist or doctor before starting a cure. Determine the number of cures.